Monday, November 13, 2023

Solid and Free

 


Happy October to all of you.

Myself, along with 21 members of A Mindful Life, just returned from a weekend retreat that I gave at The Dharmakaya Center For Wellbeing in upstate New York. It was my first time leading a full weekend retreat and for many it was their first experience on a retreat. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I feel so full from the community and the time in quiet, at a beautiful place, where we all put living mindfully into practice. There is so much I could say about it, but having just returned, I need to let the experience digest. Maybe I can share more in the next A Mindful Pause! I am looking forward to facilitating more at the center. See some pictures below.

In the meantime, I spoke so much at the retreat that my offering today won't be in the form of words, rather it is a freshly recorded meditation. This one is 18 minutes and can be found on my website. It is the first recording at the top of the guided meditations list or you can listen to it on Soundcloud. I have submitted it to the Insight Timer, where it will likely be up and running in a few days.

This meditation is inspired by Thich Nhat Hanh's meditations, whose teachings and phrases feel like part of me now. It is intended to help you slow down, find ease, and feel centered and grounded. Enjoy.


🌻
Jean






No comments:

Post a Comment