Monday, August 16, 2021

Keep It Close


Through the month of July I felt rising excitement and inspiration alive in me. We were vaccinated, unmasked, and back together! The transformation of my A Mindful Life Studio was falling into place and I was energized to be planning the fall groups and workshops. At the same time, I was taking a 5-week course and learning new tools. I was busy, sometimes too busy, but mostly, I was excited. And then, just before we left for a week's vacation, the news started shifting to the upswing in Covid-19 cases, the threatening Delta variant, and "breakthrough" cases appearing. Something started shifting in me. I watched as my excitement turned to doubt. My plans felt threatened and my mind started churning over and over what might happen and what might be needed. It was as if an ocean wave crashed over a joyful bonfire.  

I had to coach myself through this new feeling. As I did, it became clear that my excitement and inspiration were not gone. They just got separated from me temporarily. I realize that in these time of greater uncertainty and change, I need to hold what excites me, what inspires me, and what I want to create, very close to me. It's not grasping, but taking care of the gem that is there by keeping it near to preserve its integrity because it is pure and it calls for that. The external conditions may be changing again and I may need to adapt, but I can stay true to what inspires me. This is so vital because what inspires us breathes life into us.

My invitation this week is to call up what makes you excited, alive, inspired and when you feel the drag of external conditions, or bumps in the road, starting to pull you away, pause, and call up again what originally made you light up. What created those sparks and opened possibility? Let it fill you again. Don't lose sight of what you are creating, even if the form has to shift. Hold close to you the source of your inspiration, aliveness, energy.

I'm also keeping in mind what is good. What is good is that we can still be together. We may need to mask up again to do the right thing, but that's no thing to sweat. While I was away enjoying the mountains and lakes of Mount Desert Island for a week (another thing that was so good), my studio was freshly painted. With trepidation, I opened the door on Sunday to see if what I had envisioned manifested. I walked into brightness (see pictures below). What's happening around me might be shifting in ways I wish it wasn't, but I am going forward toward the light and it sure does feel good. So much is good. I wish you all the ability to stay aligned with your vision, with what you are creating, and know that when you get separated from it (which happens), you can get back.

I am happy to be back, in all ways. Have a great August week.


🌻
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment