Saturday, May 1, 2021

Finding Center


This week's theme has everything to do with turning toward ourselves to feel grounded, solid, and centered. How do we get to that place where, despite what might be swirling in our personal or universal orbit, we feel steady in ourselves? What things can we do that will remind us of what really matters and that we can connect to right now? 

In those moments when the ground starts to feel shaky underneath us, here's a simple exercise you can take yourself through. I encourage you to try it on for size now so that you can remember to use it later. Or maybe today is the perfect time to use it.

  1. Start by listing what you value (compassion, kindness, acceptance, fairness, honesty, equality, etc.). You might keep this list somewhere you can refer to.
  2. Ask yourself if you are applying those values toward yourself right now. "Am I being compassionate with myself? Kind to myself? Fair to myself?" Notice if there is anywhere you are not applying your own values toward yourself and let yourself apply them now. Bring in compassion or bring in fairness, etc. (Walk the walk.)
  3. Take the challenge that is before you which is causing your earth to tremble and ask, "If I come back to what I value (what I know to be fundamentally true and important) and remember that it is resides inside me, not without, can I ground myself there?" Can I trust these values are what brings stability, centeredness, fearlessness?
  4. If you find it hard to feel grounded in your values, see which ones you might not be applying toward yourself that need strengthening. For example, if I value fairness, but I am holding myself up to impossibly high standards I wouldn't hold others up to, can I adjust the bar and be fair to myself? Where is the weak link that we need to nurture so that when the ground is quaking, we can rest in ourselves and "remember who we are."

Wishing you all the faith and trust in yourself you need to flourish through the week. 

🙏🌸
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment